3 day rigging for the entertainment industry course
3 days of intensive practical rigging training £700 + VAT
- Legislation including risk assessment
- LOLER 1998 and the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Principles of lifting
- Safe systems of work
- Work at height using Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Pre-use checks to PFPS
- Basic rigging and ropework, the ‘open basket’ and choke hitches
- Marking out
- Rigging motors with steels, roundslings, shackles, O rings, STAC/clutch chains
- Using electric chain hoists
- Using trusses correctly as simple spans and in a box configuration
- Simple load calculations for slings and trusses
- Terminating steel wire ropes
- Secondary suspensions, theory and practice
- Pre-use checks of lifting equipment
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus completed
- A personal record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment safely in slinging and entertainment industry lifting operations
- An understanding of the principles of working at height using personal fall protection systems
- We provide everything required except work clothes and footwear.
Student to trainer ratio is 6:1 for courses run at Total Solutions Group.
Participants must be over 18 years old except by special arrangement.
Contact us if you have a health condition you feel we should understand.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
To browse available courses first fill in the form below
Your booking is confirmed when our invoice is settled.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions which include:
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, your place will be offered to someone else.
Please only book firm dates; not honouring your booking blocks others from attending.
We do not make refunds on bookings cancelled within 28 days of the course dates you book.
Course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control. These include matters associated with control of transmission of Coronavirus, strike action or severe weather.
To ensure quality we limit the trainer to student ratio to six on this course.