2 day rigging course
This course is for employee groups rather than individuals and is usually run at their employer's site.
Delivered since 2000 as a course for those who rig at ground level, from a grid or catwalk.
There is no personal fall protection element, it’s all about rigging.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO ARRANGE AND BOOK THIS COURSE
The course runs from 10.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs each day.
- Responsibilities of individuals
- Risk Assessment, PUWER and LOLER Regulations 1998
- Lifting principles – lever, beam, pulleys and angles of lift
- Point and uniform loads, identification of rigging/lifting points
- Marking out
- Selection and pre-use checks
- Rigging chain blocks or chain motors
- Slinging – basket and choke with steels and roundslings.
- Using trusses – chords, bracing, nodes, connections, wall thickness
- Assembly and simple slinging of general purpose trusses
- Lifting plans and checklists
- Lifting and trimming trusses
- Secondary suspensions – theory and practice
- De-rigging, packing and storing equipment
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus above
- A personalised record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment in slinging and lifting operations
Student to trainer ratio is 8:1 where participants are from one employer.
Participants must be over 18 years old except by special arrangement.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
To arrange and book this course click below
Your booking is confirmed when our invoice is settled.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions which include:
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, your place will be offered to someone else.
Please only book firm dates; not honouring your booking blocks others from attending.
We do not make refunds on bookings cancelled within 28 days of the course dates you book.
Course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control. These include matters associated with control of transmission of Coronavirus, strike action or severe weather.
To ensure quality we reserve the right to postpone advertised courses where we believe the trainer to student ratio may be compromised; six is the optimum number for this course.