Work at height with Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Definition of working at height
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The hierarchy of fall prevention
- Fall arrest theory – fall factors and energy absorbers
- Selection and specification of PPE for work at height
- Suspension intolerance
- Rescue principles and planning
- Pre use checks of PPE
- Fitting and using fall protection PPE
- Progression using twin fall arrest lanyards
- Using a work positioning lanyard
- as a work restraint lanyard
- in work positioning applications
- Creating and using anchor points
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A certificate of attendance
- A personalised record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- How to use simple PFPS when working at height
Student to trainer ratio is 6:1
Participants must be over 18 except by arrangement.
Contact us about health conditions we should understand.
To book a place on this course click below
Your booking is confirmed when our invoice is settled.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions which include:
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, your place will be offered to someone else.
Please only book firm dates; not honouring your booking blocks others from attending.
We do not make refunds on bookings cancelled within 28 days of the course dates you book.
Course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control. These include matters associated with control of transmission of Coronavirus, strike action or severe weather.
To ensure quality we reserve the right to postpone advertised courses where we believe the trainer to student ratio may be compromised; six is the optimum number for this course.