'Below the hook' course
A one day rigging course for technicians involved with lighting, sound, video and exhibition stands who attach equipment to hoists, operate hoists or control a lifting operation.
This course is normally delivered to employee groups and run at their employer's site.
This is not a course for 'grounders' - those who assemble rigging for up-riggers.
- The law, what Regulations need to be complied with and why
- Definition of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Lifting plans and risk assessment
- Pre-use checks
- How to operate chain motors singly and in groups
- Attaching loads – how to use roundslings, steels, shackles and rings
- Lifting and lowering with chain motors
- Detaching loads
- Packing and storing equipment
Your booking is confirmed when our invoice is settled.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions which include:
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, your place will be offered to someone else.
Please only book firm dates; not honouring your booking blocks others from attending.
We do not make refunds on bookings cancelled within 28 days of the course dates you book.
Course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control. These include matters associated with control of transmission of Coronavirus, strike action or severe weather.
To ensure quality we reserve the right to postpone advertised courses where we believe the trainer to student ratio may be compromised; six is the optimum number for this course.